- Toddler groups – these also cater for babies. it is a good way to meet other mums and as your baby gets more mobile he can watch how the other children move about and learn from them.
- After you have taken baby for a busy time at toddler group why not go to baby massage and/or baby yoga – maybe not on the same day!
- If you haven’t been to the breastfeeding group you used to go to why not think about going back and helping out with new mums – you’ll have lots of knowledge and experience to pass on to them.
- Is there a soft play centre near you – your baby will love the colours and exploring the soft toys.
- Book your baby onto a baby swim course – babies are born with the ‘dive reflex’ and love going underwater. You may continue with lessons and meet other mums and your babies will learn to swim together.
- Your local children centre will also have a variety of groups taking place and they may have leaflets of other activities that take place outside of the centre.
- How about you and your baby learning about Makaton? Makaton can help babies to communicate. Even a healthy baby can find it frustrating not being able to make adults understand what they want. So while they are learning to talk, Makaton gives both babies and adults a simple way of communicating. Find out more here
Your baby is constantly wiggling inside your belly right from conception but only from around 16 to 20 weeks can you start feeling those movements and what an exciting feeling it is!read more
2 min read